TRINBAGO KNIGHT RIDERS (TKR): Squad Analysis
1) CPL Performance over the years
2015, 2017, 2018, 2020
Highest winning Percentage - 63.44%
93 - 59w/32l/2nr
They've reached the knockout stages of the tournament in every season till date and are the most successful franchise in CPL history.
In the 2020 edition, they had a 100% winning ratio and won all their 14 games in the season.
2) Players In-Charge
Captain - Kieron Pollard
Coach - Imran Jan
3) Overseas Players
(i) Tim Seifert
(ii) Colin Munro
(iii) Isuru Udana
(iv) Yasir Shah
(v) Ali Khan
4) Squad Analysis & Probable Batting Order
1) Lendl Simmons - RHB, RM
Last 10 - 9*, 21, 72, 15, 30, 27, 3, 47, 22, 26
2) Sunil Narine - LHB, Offbreak
Last 10 - 4r 1w, 3w, 1w, 19r 0w, 22r 1w, 1w, 0w, 2w, 6r 0w
3) Colin Munro - LHB, RM
Last 10 - 7, 6, 41*, 33*, 7, 26, 44, 0, 48, 88*
4) Darren Bravo - LHB, RM
Last 10 - 18, 0, 2, 5, 30, 102, 10, 37*, 47, 19
5) Denesh Ramdin - RHB, WK
Last 10 - 27*, 17, 10, 1, 11*, 19, 4, 37*
6) Kieron Pollard - RHB, RM
Last 10 - 13, 22*, 11r 0w, 2, 56, 13r 0w, 51r 1w, 1r 0w
7) Ali Khan - RHB, RF
Last 10 - 0w, 1w, 1w, 3w, 2w, 1w, 1w, 0w, 2w, 0w
8) Isuru Udana - RHB, LFM
Last 10 - 0w, 0w, 0w, 1w, 19r 1w, 1w, 18r 2w, 21r 0w, 47r 1w, 33r 2w
9) Jayden Seales - LHB, RFM
Last 10 - 5w, 3w, 1w, 1w, 3w, 3w, 1w, 3w, 1w, 0w, 1w, 0w, 2w, 0w, 2w
10) Khary Pierre - LHB, LAO
Last 10 - 0w, 1w, 1w, 0w, 2w, 0w, 1w, 1w, 0w, 3w
11) Anderson Phillip - RHB, RFM
Last 10 - 3w, 0w, 0w, 2w, 2w, 1w, 0w, 3w, 3w, 1w, 0w
12) Ravi Rampaul - LHB, RF
Last 10 - 0w, 1w, 1w, 0w, 25r 0w, 1w, 4w, 4w, 3w
13) Tion Webster - RHB, RM
Last 10 - 5, 44*, 41*, 20, 5, 27, 5, 91, 14, 3
14) Leonardo Julien - LHB, WK
Last 10 - 19, 14*, 0, 4, 18, 40, 20, 65, 0, 19
16) Akeal Hosein - LHB, LAO
Last 10 - 0w, 1w, 3w, 2w, 0w, 0w, 3w
17)T.Seifert-RHB,Wk, Last 10- 14,19,9,19,4,3,1,23,13,24
5) Team Strengths and Weaknesses.
1) They lack a quality death bowler. They've traded off Dwayne Bravo to St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, and got Denesh Ramdin from them, which are completely opposites in roles. They've drafted Isuru Udana for their death bowling but he hasn't been effective in his recent International fixtures, and their frontline seamers are Seales and Phillip who both still lack experience of bowling at the death.
2) Lack of backup batting options
With only Webster and Julien on the bench, they are relying on their frontline core batsmen to play well the entire season. Though they've done well in the past, their team balance however looks more oriented towards their bowling unit which also lacks experience, and relying on Munro, Simmons and Pollard with the bat for the entire season, with Bravo and Ramdin who can rotate the strike and contribute a bit surely.
1) A constant Left-Right combination.
Their top 7 see 3 LHBs and 4 RHBs, with 1 of each on the bench too, which means they can send any batsman depending on the situation and don't need to rely on a particularly fixed batting order and can frustrate their oppositions with their constant Left-Right combo on the pitch.
2) The Perfect T20 XI.
With 4 aggressive big hitters and 2 strike rotators between them in their top 6, their batting in their ideal XI seems the perfect way for a 20 over game. Ahead of this, they have 1 Left arm seamer, 2 Right arm seamers, and 3 Spinners alongwith a Medium pacer in Pollard, which is an ideal balance to tackle any opposition batting unit.
3) Enough spin options.
2 off break bowlers, 1 legbreak bowler and 2 left arm orthodox bowlers, which gives them enough variety to tackle their opposition batting units irrespective of their number of Left-Right batting combos.
1. Tion Webster - A top/middle order batsman who scored at an average of 29.40 in 7 innings in the 2020 edition with 4 scores above 20. He will feature only if either one between Munro/Simmons/Bravo/Raza don't play in the XI, and he could be a good trump card pick in those games.
2. Jayden Seales - Played 6 games in the 2020 edition and picked 8 wickets at a Strike Rate of a mere 9.7. He also picked up 8 wickets in the 1st Test Match against Pakistan held between 12th-16th August'2021. He could be their frontline seamer in this season and a player to surely watch out for.
STATS OVER THE YEARS (From current squad of TKR)
Highest run scorers
1) Colin Munro - Runs (1753), Avg (39.84) - 54M/53I
2) Darren Bravo - Runs (1726), Avg (33.19) - 81M/72I
3) Dinesh Ramdin - Runs (809), Avg (33.70) - 46M/40I
Highest wicket takers
1) Sunil Narine - Wickets (47), SR (24.5) - 49M/49I
2) Ali Khan - Wickets (34), SR (17.2) - 30M/30I
3) Kharry Pierre - Wickets (34), SR (21.2) - 35M/35I
WATCH MATCH ANALYSIS BEFORE FINALIZING YOUR TEAM only on
Final Teams exclusively on:
Telegram - Search FantasyArena
Twitter - @mayankglt
Instagram - @mayankglt
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mayankglt